News Cambodia » Government: Europeans Talk Tough to Cambodia
The comments by EU parliamentarian Barbara Lochbihler come as Sweden said Thursday it would rethink its engagement with Cambodia if the government proceeds with its steps to dissolve the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP). Targeted sanctions ...
News Cambodia » Government: Sweden threatens to review engagement with Cambodia
PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Sweden said on Thursday it would rethink its engagement with Cambodia if the main opposition party is dissolved, in the strongest warning yet from a Western aid donor. The government has filed a suit to dissolve the Cambodia National ...
News Cambodia » Government: Cambodia's parliament votes for party law changes as opposition future in limbo
There was no debate on the amendments on Monday and the government has not provided new evidence against Kem Sokha, besides the 2013 video. Mu Sochua, deputy president of the opposition CNRP, who fled Cambodia earlier this month in fear of arrest ...
News Cambodia » Government: KrisEnergy to proceed with development of Cambodia's Apsara oil field
KrisEnergy is the operator of Cambodia Block A and holds 95 percent stake while the rest is held by the Cambodian government. Shares in KrisEnergy rose 0.9 percent to S$0.11 on the Singapore Exchange.
News Cambodia » Government: Rights groups deplore worsening repression in Cambodia
BANGKOK (AP) — Rights groups say foreign governments should refuse to recognize Cambodia's next elections and consider sanctions on its leaders if the main opposition party is dissolved. Prime Minister Hun Sen's government took legal steps earlier this ...
News Cambodia » Government: KrisEnergy : commits to Cambodia Apsara oil development
KrisEnergy is the operator of Cambodia Block A and holds 95% working interest. The General Department of State Property and Non Tax Revenue of the Ministry of Economy and Finance holds the remaining 5% on behalf of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
News Cambodia » Government: Cambodia, a nominal democracy, lurches toward full-blown dictatorship
The government has also targeted media and civil society in recent months, with U.S.-backed broadcasters Radio Free Asia and Voice of America taken off air, the Cambodia Daily newspaper closed and nongovernmental organizations such as the U.S.-funded ...
News Cambodia » Government: In Cambodia, a bold teaching program draws on international models and local context
For Moni and Teach for Cambodia, the timing of such reforms couldn’t be better. Unlike most NGOs, the Teach For model requires intense government partnership and support, given that the fellows will eventually be placed in government schools.
News Cambodia » Government: Cambodia takes first legal step to dissolve opposition party
Cambodia's government on Friday took initial legal steps to dissolve the country's main opposition party, the latest in a series of moves to gain an advantage ahead of next year's general election. Interior Ministry spokesman Khieu Sopheak said the ...
News Cambodia » Government: Cambodia government trying to have main opposition party dissolved
Cambodian government lawyers filed a lawsuit on Friday to demand the dissolution of the main opposition party, in a move that would help Prime Minister Hun Sen extend his 32-year rule when the poor Southeast Asian nation votes in an election next year.